Our health is the key thing that we need to protect no matter when we are doing in our life. Whether you are performing a job or you are just working on a homey task. You need to take extra precautions to make sure that you and the family around you are safe physically and emotionally.
Thus when it comes to removing asbestos from your home, you are required to hire a licensed asbestos removalist Perth to do that job for you because we all know how harmful and dangerous asbestos can be. Well there are still those people who want to get things done there way and if you are one if those people who want to remove the asbestos by yourself then there are a number of precautions that you need to take to ensure that you are working in a safe environment and the people around you are also safe.
So today in this article we are going to look at some of the safety precautions that you can take when removing asbestos in order to ensure your safety even though we recommend that you get the services of a professional or even the best asbestos removal Perth. Let’s go ahead and look at some of those safety precautions.
- The first thing you need to make sure is that you are properly protected which means that you need to cover up yourself and wear the appropriate protective gear.
- When it comes to PPE it is recommended that you get your hands on a respirator to ensure your lungs are protected.
- Protect your eyes which a glasses and a disposable hood to protect yourself.
- Never eat or drink in the area that you are working in because it is hazardous for your health.
- Wash up with soap after you are done working or are going for a meal to make sure that you don’t intake any of the asbestos powder or particles.
- Never use power tools for removing asbestos because all of its particles would spread everywhere if you do so.
- Never use a water blast to remove asbestos because it is highly illegal so abstain from it.
- Never drop fibre sheets from a height because they will spread throughout the place. try to maintain a minimum level of distance between you are the ground when dropping fibre sheets.